Friday, July 02, 2004

Background

In just over a week, I'll be moving to Canton, Ohio to join the Jeff Seemann Congressional campaign and to help America Coming Together (ACT) with their voter registration drive.

I've never been particularly political, but my politics could be fairly well described as far left of (American) center. I am inspired to devote a few months of my life to this by the Bush Administration. Every time I start trying to list the reasons, I am overwhelmed, but here's a sampling:

Dishonesty
Anti-Science
Corporate Welfare
Tax Cuts for the Wealthy
Anti-Education
Racism
Iraq
Abu Ghraib
Kyoto
International Criminal Court
Joe Wilson
Richard Clark
Guantanamo
Cuba
Haiti
Florida

OK, enough for the moment. If you're a politicized American, either way, probably every one of these phrases is enough to remind you of the issue, and you can probably guess my position on any of them.

So, why Ohio? Well, the nice folks at Daily Kos and myDD were kind enough to give me some suggestions about which battleground states mattered the most, and once I had chosen Ohio to point to Jeff Seemann's campaign as a promising one. I believe Canton is where I can do the most good, so Canton is where I will be.

ACT
Jeff Seemann Campaign
Daily Kos
MyDD



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home